It seemed like only yesterday was the start of summer vacation, and yet it had to end so soon. This school year is a complicated, confused, and careful one. Online school isn’t the easiest form of learning, but with the right mindset, attitude and willpower it can be the most effective learning tool for you! If you are taking online school this year, these 5 tips would be extremely resourceful to prepare you for your exciting educational endeavours.
1. Set up a schedule - It is critical to know that online learning is completely different from in-class learning. While the schedule may be a bit more flexible, it is important to set up your own so you can organize your time wisely for each of your classes.
2. Do not procrastinate - From my experience, online school will consist of assignments being packed on top of more assignments. As a result, DO NOT LEAVE IT TO THE LAST MINUTE. Start on assignments earlier so that you will become prepared when more come hurdling your way. In addition, it will allow you to put in your greatest effort and therefore, obtain a better grade.
3. Take breaks - Staring at the computer screen for two hours at a time will do more harm to your eyesight than good. Take frequent breaks by peeling your eyes away from the screen. You can go for a walk around the block, have a light snack, stay hydrated, and even perform eye exercises to avoid eyestrain.
4. Interact! - One of the disadvantages of online learning is that it limits social interaction and communication, so communicate! Participate in class activities and discussions and ask alot of questions. This will develop an exemplary first impression and boost your confidence. Interact with peers and even better, make new friends.
5. Be positive - These may be hard and confusing times, but the only way we can combat it is to look forward in a positive light. Spend time with the ones you love, do the things that you love and make personal goals that are important to you.
School is dreadful and sometimes scary. However, as we move forward in life, the only thing we can do is simply, carry on. With these tips, I’m sure you will be able to carry your way and accomplish great things this school year!
Teenagers With Experience is an organisation created to provide teenagers worldwide with an online platform to share their own experiences to be able to help, inform and educate others on a variety of different topics. We aim to provide a safe space to all young people. You can contact us via email, social media or our contact form found on our home page.