Revision; necessary to pass exams but the thing that all teenagers loathe.
Revising for exams can be stressful enough, but when both you and your notes are unorganised it can make you feel unproductive. In this article I will be sharing some tips on how to stay organised when studying for exams.
* Create a timetable - plan when you're going to revise and stick to it. Having a routine will help you focus which in turn helps you when revising.
* Find out the best way to study - do you do best when writing things down, or do you prefer studying with friends? or maybe you work best when you're being active. Check out my "effective ways to study" article if you're unsure.
* Tidy your notes - make sure you know where all your materials are. If your desk is covered in books, notes and stray pens, you may want to take some time to organise it.
* Study space - do not study in bed! Your brain associates bed with sleep and this will make it harder for the information to go in.
* Use resources - chances are you'll be given suggested websites or books for extra information. Do not ignore them! You were given them for a reason so make the most of the extra help.
* Reward yourself - take breaks every 20 minutes. This is the longest amount of time your brain can focus for. I've found that five minute breaks work best for me - but remember not to make them too long.
* Prioritise - is there is a subject you struggle with? Spend the majority of your time on it. If you begin revision with the subjects you know you'll have less time to revise the ones you're not so good at.
* Set goals - but be realistic. Write down your goals and set them somewhere that you'll see them each day.
* Create lists - take the time to write to do lists each day.
* Rest - make sure you get enough sleep. If you try to study while tired, it won't be as affective.
* Be creative - use colours! Colour coding your notes can make all the difference.
I hope some of these will help you guys when revising for exams. Just remember that in a few months all of it will be over.
Good luck! Riley
Teenagers With Experience is an organisation created to provide teenagers worldwide with an online platform to share their own experiences to be able to help, inform and educate others on a variety of different topics. We aim to provide a safe space to all young people. You can contact us via email, social media or our contact form found on our home page.