The key to minimising stress and negative thoughts is to have a positive environment. The main environmental in which you can change to create a more positive environment is your bedroom. Here are a list of ways in which you can make your bedroom into a positive environment:
1) keep it clean: keeping your room clean allows you to easily find your important objects. This minimises stress as you know where everything is and are able to feel more comfortable and relax easier.
2) Decorate - Decorate your room in bright colours. Dark colours will make your room seem smaller and is known to worsen the effects of depression and stress if you spend a lot of time in a small dark room.
3) natural light - Try to maximise the amount of natural light that enters your bedroom. For example, make sure that there is nothing blocking your window and always open your curtains in the morning.
4) Add lots of green - I'm not talking about the colour but I actually mean plants. Plants help to purify the air and caring for something will help you to stay focused and will help you to stay determined.
5) Don't sleep where you work - Never do your homework, coursework or any kind of work in your bedroom! Your bedroom should be a place you go to relax. So doing all of your work in another room will make it easier to relax when you go to your bedroom.
All of these things will help you to create a positive environment in which will help to decrease stress, depression, negative energy and insomnia. These things may not work for everyone but if you keep trying new things then you will find something that works for you.
Leave a Reply.
The articles here are written by guest writers or previous TWE members.