iblings are very irritating at times but you can't do without them. They are sometimes your undoing and get you into trouble but the bond between siblings is one of the strongest. I have two siblings, a brother and a sister. They both treat me like I'm an idiot. My sister steals my makeup and clothes and the rows we have are awful. We can fight about pretty much anything. But no matter how much we argue we are always there for each other. Whenever I throw a tantrum because my hair isn't right (I'm a massive perfectionist and have OCD) my sister is there to help and she will do my hair even though I will have screamed my lungs out at her. For example one day after school before I was about to do a show, I was having a tantrum because my hair wasn't straightening fast enough to get to the show in time to get on stage so my sister sat me down and straightened my hair whilst I got my makeup done.
* A way to cope if you and your sibling have fallen out is to both separate yourselves. Go into your room and listen to music or read a book until you calm down.
* Another way to cope with annoying siblings is to not shout.
* For example if your sister or brother is stealing your things, go to them and calmly ask for your stuff back and ask them to stop stealing stuff in the future and suggest that they can borrow stuff if they ask you and if they return it afterwards.
* Tell your parents. You need to try and stay calm when you’re describing the situation to your parents, so stick to the facts without getting overly emotional. If you’ve attempted to resolve the problem on your own, explain what you did and your sibling’s reaction.
* Try and negotiate. For example if your sibling won't leave you alone because they want your attention, try making plans to spend time with them later as long as they leave you alone now.
Yes siblings are a pain and are annoying but they are also a blessing. There is no greater love than between siblings, even if it is shown in funny ways. Remember you can always rely on your siblings to help you out when you can't turn to your parents.
Teenagers With Experience is an organisation created to provide teenagers worldwide with an online platform to share their own experiences to be able to help, inform and educate others on a variety of different topics. We aim to provide a safe space to all young people. You can contact us via email, social media or our contact form found on our home page.